FOND DU LAC, Wis. – Competitive bass anglers have long considered Mercury Marine’s Pro XS series the best performing, most reliable tournament-fishing outboards on the water. Now, Mercury, the world leader in commercial and recreational marine propulsion and technology, has produced another great outboard that gives freshwater anglers an edge on the competition: the new 115 Pro XS FourStroke outboard.
The Mercury 115 Pro XS, which was introduced globally at the recent Miami International Boat Show, was introduced to the bass world today at the 2016 Bassmaster Classic in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The 115 Pro XS is perfect for 17'-18' aluminum and fiberglass bass boats, as well as aluminum multispecies hulls in the same size range.
Based on the popular Mercury 115 FourStroke, the new Mercury 115 Pro XS delivers significantly better performance than any other high-output 115hp outboard on the market today. In fact, the new 115 Pro XS is 16 pounds lighter than the 115 OptiMax it replaces, and 18 pounds lighter than the nearest competing 115hp engine. Its 2.1L displacement is higher than that of any competing 115hp engine. This unbeatable combination delivers higher torque, better performance and greater durability – everything a bass angler needs to make the leaderboard in tournament season.
Building on its Pro XS heritage, the new 115 Pro XS was intelligently designed to provide fresh and saltwater anglers and other boaters exactly what they’ve been asking for – an outboard that is light and second to none in performance. It delivers:
- Fastest top speed: Up to 3 mph faster than its nearest competitor and more than 1 mph faster than Mercury’s standard 115 FourStroke. The 115 Pro XS FourStroke’s higher rpm range delivers improved performance out of an already-powerful engine.
- Quickest acceleration: More than 1 second quicker than Mercury’s standard 115 FourStroke. The ability to run lower-pitch props puts the boat on plane quicker, reducing 0-to-20mph acceleration time by 1 to 2 seconds. This enables anglers to carry more gear onboard and provides an edge in getting back to the dock for weigh-in.
- Higher full-throttle rpm: Increasing engine rpm from 6000 to 6300 allows prop pitch to be reduced, resulting in maximum performance benefits.
- Idle-Charge: This new feature provides up to 48% more battery charging at idle speed to support the greater power demands of today’s sophisticated marine electronics and accessories. What’s more, it lets boaters and anglers safely stay out on the waterlonger.
In addition, the new 115 Pro XS offers the following industry-exclusive options for high-output outboard engine models:
- The available Command Thrust gearcase makes this engine compatible with Mercury’s larger-diameter propellers – including the Fury and the Tempest – that help the engine deliver improved performance and lift heavy, tournament-loaded boats onto plane easier and hold them there at lower speeds.
- 25-inch shaft available in addition to the standard 20-inch shaft makes this engine an ideal option to power or repower a wide range of boats, from 17- to 18-foot aluminum and fiberglass bass boats, as well as aluminum multispecies hulls in the same size range, to 17- to 20-foot saltwater flats and bay boats
As a member of the powerful Mercury Pro XS family, the new 115 Pro XS FourStroke also delivers these unparalleled benefits:
- Ease of maintenance: Boaters and anglers can spend less time servicing the engine and more time fishing and enjoying life on the water.
- Superior protection against corrosion: Mercury’s industry-leading ultra-low copper content alloys help create an outboard built to withstand the elements.
- Mercury’s industry-leading three-year warranty, standard.
- On top of all that, the new 115hp Pro XS boasts an exciting new look!
*The 115Pro XS available for consumer test drives Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Wolf Creek Park in Grove, Okla.
About Mercury Marine
Headquartered in Fond du Lac, Wis., Mercury Marine is the world’s leading manufacturer of recreational marine propulsion engines. A $2 billion division of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC), Mercury provides engines, boats, services and parts for recreational, commercial and government marine applications, empowering boaters with products that are easy to use, extremely reliable and backed by the most dedicated customer support in the world. Mercury’s industry-leading brand portfolio includes Mercury and Mariner outboard engines; Mercury MerCruiser sterndrive and inboard packages; MotorGuide trolling motors; Mercury propellers; Mercury inflatable boats; Mercury SmartCraft electronics; Attwood marine parts; Land ‘N Sea marine parts distribution; and Mercury and Quicksilver parts and oils. More information is available at mercurymarine.com