B.A.S.S. Events: 372
B.A.S.S. Earnings: $2,067,744.53
B.A.S.S. Wins: 14
Classic Appearances: 32
Classic Wins: 4 (1976, 1977, 1984, 1990)
AOY Titles: 1 (1988)
In 2005, a poll of bass fishing fans declared Rick Clunn the Greatest Angler of all-time. It's not hard to figure out why. Clunn has won everything worth winning in the sport and remains competitive at the highest level today.
Listing all of his accomplishments would be too daunting a task. Here are some of the highlights.
• Qualified for 32 Bassmaster Classics, including 28 in a row.
• Won four Bassmaster Classics (tied with Kevin VanDam), finished second twice, in the top five 11 times and the top ten 16 times.
• Won back-to-back Classics in 1976 and 1977.
• Records for heaviest Classic tournament catch (1984) and daily catch (1976).
• Had heaviest daily catch for all three days of the Bassmaster Classic in 1984.
• 372 career B.A.S.S. events.
• 1988 Toyota Tundra Bassmaster Angler of the Year.
• Finished in the top 25 of the AOY race 29 times, including 28 consecutive times (1974-2001).
• 25-pound, 8-ounce margin of victory in the 1984 Bassmaster Classic is the largest in B.A.S.S. history.
• Inducted into the Bass Fishing Hall of Fame in the first year of its existence (2001).
Rick Clunn and Tommy Martin are teaming up for the Bassmaster Legends tournament taking place July 31 on a private lake in Montgomery, Ala. The event is part of Toyota Trucks All-Star Week, and weigh-in will be before the final of the Evan Williams Bourbon All-Star Championshp.