The Academy Sports + Outdoors Bassmaster Classic presented by Huk comes to Birmingham, Ala., and Lake Guntersville March 6-8, 2020!
For maps and directions to the BJCC, click here.
For a map of the BJCC campus, click here.
To book a hotel for the event, click here.
For more travel ideas, click here.
ALL EVENTS ARE FREE!
Bassmaster Classic Kickoff Party benefiting Children’s of Alabama:
Join us for our Kickoff Party and let the 50th Bassmaster Classic celebration begin!
Thursday, March 5, Uptown area of Birmingham, 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Check out our local partners’ booths
- Coupons, giveaways and prizes from Bassmaster, local partners and Uptown restaurants
- Buy official Bassmaster merchandise
- Live music from The Rock Candy Band
- Special guest appearances from Bassmaster legends and Elite anglers
- Food and beer vendors
- Kids’ activities
- B.A.S.S. Life & Nation member credentials early pickup
- Wind Creek gaming trailer
Local Partners: Alabama Power, Books-A-Million, Coca-Cola United, Jack’s, Thompson Tractor, TNT Fireworks, TVA, Wind Creek Casino and Black Rifle Coffee
Takeoffs at Civitan Park in Guntersville, Ala.
Takeoffs will be held at Lake Guntersville at 7 a.m. CT, March 6-8.
Get the day started early with hot coffee, food, fun and an up-close view of the Classic contender takeoff!
- Our title sponsor, Academy Sports + Outdoors, will be on site each day with special guests, giveaways, photo opps and more
- Take a demo ride — checkout Skeeter, Yamaha, Mercury, Nitro and Triton booths
- Wear your Alabama and Auburn colors and you could win a prize!
- Saturday, join us for the FREE breakfast tailgate presented by the Marshall County CVB.
- On Sunday, Marshall County is inviting high school anglers from around the southeast to come to the launch and stay for pro angler seminars and breakfast after the launch. To RSVP, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be music, mascots and fun!
Weigh-ins at Legacy Arena, which is part of the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Center, March 6-8.
Doors open at 3 p.m. for credentialed B.A.S.S. Life and B.A.S.S. Nation members and 3:15 p.m. for general public.
- Fun promotions with more giveaways from B.A.S.S. sponsors!
- Watch the anglers weigh in their Lake Guntersville catch
Visit the huge Bassmaster Classic Outdoors Expo
Close to 200 exhibitors from around the world will be onsite selling a variety of merchandise for fishing, hunting, camping, and more – an outdoor enthusiast’s dream! Click here for more details about the Expo, including an exhibitor list.
Friday, March 6, 2020 – Media/B.A.S.S. Life & Nation Members
11 a.m. – Noon
Noon – 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 7, 2020 – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday, March 8, 2020 – 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Take the kids to the Bass Pro Shops Bassmaster Get Hooked on Fishing
- Friday through Sunday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Piazza in the BJCC
- FREE activities for kids including a Kids’ Fishing Pond, giveaways and more
Visit the B.A.S.S. booth!
- Check out the B.A.S.S. museum featuring exciting and rare memorabilia from B.A.S.S. legends such as Ray Scott, Bob Cobb, Bobby Murray, Rick Clunn and more! You’ll also see the very first weigh-in scales used by B.A.S.S.!
- Meet the Legends – stop by to meet B.A.S.S. legends and don’t miss James Hall, Editor of Bassmaster Magazine, as he conducts a Q & A with the icons of bass fishing
- Get your picture made with the Bassmaster Classic trophy
- Watch Bassmaster LIVE and see the hosts in person
- Meet the Elites – Bassmaster Elite anglers will also be in the booth so come by for an autograph and get a picture!
- Castin’ and Catchin’ will have a table with signup opportunities
- Enter for a chance to win in the Fish with Scott Canterbury sweepstakes where one winner will win a fishing trip with Scott, a new boat and a fishing prize pack
- You can also enter the Rebel Retro Lure Giveaway and check out that prize package
- Bob Cobb, the original Bassmaster Magazine editor, will be signing his book, The B.A.S.S. Story Unplugged. Stop by to meet Bob and get a photo!
Military and First Responder Appreciation Days
Friday is Military Appreciation Day and Saturday is First Responder Appreciation Day!
- Show your military/first responder ID to a B.A.S.S. staff member in the Bassmaster booth and get a free Bassmaster hat! Limited to the first 100 people each day
- Special military acknowledgement during the weigh-in
- Greg Stube, U.S. Army Special Forces (Ret.), will be honored at the weigh-in, a guest in the B.A.S.S. and Yamaha booths and featured on Bassmaster LIVE
- Clay Dyer to be honored Saturday and presentation of CAST for Kids B.A.S.S. Humanitarian Award
Bassmaster Classic Cleanup Challenge
Saturday, Feb. 29, 8:30 a.m. – noon
Tom Jackson Park Boat Ramp, Guntersville, Ala.
Join B.A.S.S. Nation members as we roll up our sleeves to help make Lake Guntersville “Classic ready.” This team of volunteers will be collecting trash and debris along the scenic shorelines of our 2020 Classic competition lake. We provide trash bags but please bring gloves and pickup tools. Thanks to Bassmaster Conservation Partners for supporting our Cleanup: AFTCO, Huk and Yamaha!
Officials from B.A.S.S. are monitoring the coronavirus situation in advance of the Bassmaster Classic and Bassmaster Classic Outdoors Expo. While the Classic attracts attendees from around the globe, interest in both attending and exhibiting at the Expo has increased over the past several weeks. In preparation for the event, we will continue to follow the advice of the World Health Organization and CDC as well as monitor those organizations for any updates on the coronavirus situation to ensure the safety of our fans.