Wednesday, April 6
Bassmaster Elite Stage at Point Park
Noon until 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 4
Bassmaster Elite Stage at Pickwick Landing State Park
8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
La Crosse, Wis.
Saturday, August 27
Bassmaster Elite Stage at Veterans Freedom Park
8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
Rewards for volunteers and conservation grants for participating organizations at each event
At each event, participants will receive a gift package from AFTCO and Yamaha Rightwaters, valued at over $50.
Registered volunteer organizations will be eligible for conservation grants totaling $8,500 at each event. Grant recipients will be selected by AFTCO and Yamaha Rightwaters based on event attendance and evaluation of their conservation or public service mission. All funds are administered and issued in check form by either AFTCO or Yamaha Rightwaters. B.A.S.S., LLC is not a sponsor of the grant awards, nor involved in the selection of recipients or distribution of grant funds.
Who can participate?
Anyone who wants our waters to be clean and free of trash! If you don’t have an associated club, you are still welcome to show up, help pick up trash and get your gift package. Examples of organizations that can participate (but not limited to) are: Junior Bassmaster clubs, High School and College fishing teams, adult bass clubs, church groups, Scout troops, Boys and Girls Clubs, friend groups, civic organizations and local conservation organizations.
Groups must pre-register by contacting B.A.S.S. Conservation at firstname.lastname@example.org and providing your organization name, anticipated number of volunteers, a point-of-contact name and cell phone number, and a one-paragraph statement of your organization’s mission.
What trash qualifies?
AFTCO will provide Bank Bags for everyone. If it fits in the bag, bring it in. If it’s too big to fit, bring it in anyway. However, if you find appliances, building materials like brick, stone, concrete or lumber, derelict vessels or abandoned vehicles, call the event coordinator for further guidance (a number will be provided to each organization’s points-of-contact).
Clean-Up with the Pros!
Bassmaster Elite Series anglers will be on hand during the Clean-Up collecting trash right alongside the volunteers and at the final “weigh-in” to meet volunteers, sign autographs and talk fishing!
Lake Clean-Up Schedule of Events
- Volunteer organizations are asked to register their group by contacting Gene Gilliland, B.A.S.S. Conservation Director, at email@example.com providing:
- organization name,
- anticipated number of volunteers,
- a point-of-contact (POC) name and cellphone number,
- a one-paragraph statement about your organization’s mission.
- Registration information for organizations must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on
- Tuesday 4/5 for Chickamauga
- Friday 6/3 for Pickwick
- Friday 8/26 for La Crosse
- The group’s POC will be sent a liability waiver form to distribute to all volunteers who must complete the forms and bring them to the Clean-Up. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver. Individuals wishing to volunteer but who are not part of an organized group must also complete a waiver prior to the start of the event.
- For Chickamauga: Bassmaster Expo venue, Elite stage in Point Park any time between Noon and 5 p.m. All groups return no later than 7 p.m.
- For Pickwick: Bassmaster Expo venue Elite stage in Pickwick Landing State Park starting at 8:30 a.m., working until 12:30 p.m. when everyone comes back to the Elite Stage with their trash.
- For La Crosse: Bassmaster Expo venue Elite stage in Veterans Freedom Park starting at 8:30 a.m., working until 12:30 p.m. when everyone comes back to the Elite Stage with their trash.
- At the venue, we will provide AFTCO Bank Bags and conduct a safety briefing. Groups from further away may go directly to the lake and will be provided bags and waiver forms in advance (team POC must coordinate with event organizers).
- Wear appropriate protective clothing including closed-toed shows, bring work gloves and trash grabber tools if you have them (available at farm supply stores and building supply retailers).
- Bags will be counted and all the trash weighed to determine a grand total. We will take group photos with the collected trash. All trash will be deposited in provided dumpsters.
- Grant recipients will be selected by AFTCO and Yamaha. Each organization’s information will be recorded and a check mailed to the POC following the Clean-Up.