Feb. 28, 2023 – Mike Iaconelli and The Ike Foundation® are accepting applications for their college scholarship program. To date, The Ike Foundation® has awarded over $85,000 in college scholarships to qualifying high school students from across the country. These students have been involved in fishing or demonstrated outdoor volunteerism and/or conservation activities. They have gone on to pursue degrees ranging from Biology, Environmental Science and Computer Engineering to Photography and Business Management. Details and application link for The Ike Foundation® College Scholarship Program are below:
The Ike Foundation College Scholarship Application
To be considered for a scholarship award, students must meet the following criteria:
- A U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Plan to enroll in a two or four-year college or university as a full time, degree-seeking student
- Demonstrate volunteer commitment of time to support the community, preferably fishing/conservation-related
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.2 (current transcript required)
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation from a current teacher, coach or administrator
- Show written acceptance from your selected college or university
- Submit five paragraph essay based on our topic listed below
- Complete and submit all application materials postmarked or submitted online before April 1, 2023
Similar skills can be used in the classroom and fishing on the water to overcome challenges, hardships or adversity. In a standard five paragraph essay format, give examples of these skills and how you applied them both in the classroom, on the water and ultimately how they will help as you head off to college and out into the world.
Scholarship winners will be announced by May 15th, 2023.