You might have noticed that BassTrakk has a bunch of shiny new features in 2021 including: an angler dropdown, where you’ll find the three most recent videos for each angler; a tab at the top of the page for Phoenix Boats Big Bass, showing every keeper caught, from the largest to the smallest bass; and a tab with the catch time for every fish caught that day.
To give the Elite Series anglers an extra incentive to use BassTrakk when they don’t have a marshal, B.A.S.S. has created the BassTrakk Contingency Prize. Here’s how it works:
- The angler whose BassTrakk estimates are closest to his official weight will be awarded $1,000.
- The BassTrakk Contingency Prize will be awarded for every Elite Series tournament. Events that are catch-weigh-release will not have this contingency prize.
- The prize is based on the first two days of fishing when the full field is competing.
- In the case of ties, the standard Elite tiebreakers will be used to determine the winner. Those include: 1) the individual with the heaviest single day catch, 2) the individual with the second heaviest single day catch, and 3) the individual with the largest number of legal fish weighed during competition.
- To be eligible, an angler or his marshal must use BassTrakk every day he competes in the tournament.
- The winning angler must catch a limit on Days 1 and 2. Which of course means an angler who zeros (no keepers) on Days 1 and 2, or both days, does not qualify.