Classic: Day 2 weather delay

6:38 a.m.

Update from B.A.S.S. officials, with a message sent to all anglers:

"When safe to launch, B.A.S.S. staff will direct each angler when to launch. Do not launch until instructed to do so. Takeoff will begin when everyone is beached. Check-in times will remain the same."

6:05 a.m.

A Dangerous Thunderstorm Alert has been issued by the National Weather Service. B.A.S.S. officials have asked all anglers to remain in their vehicles at the ramp, until further notice.

The Alert is expected to expire at 6:45 a.m. The official takeoff time of 6:15 a.m. will be delayed. This is a developing story. Updates will be provided as needed.