Well before the 3:15 p.m. weigh-ins, the AFTCO Bassmaster Elite at Florida’s St. Johns River will offer fishing fans a bounty of engaging activities at the Bassmaster Expo at Palatka Riverfront Park.
Here’s a half dozen ways to enjoy this free event:
1. Participate: Several exhibitors are offering visitors the chance to win prizes through fun activities.
• Test your knot strength at the Berkley/Abu Garcia exhibit and enjoy interactive presentations in the Berkley Experience trailer.
• Guess how many A-18 beanies are stuffed into the giant C at the Carhartt exhibit and you may win a $100 Carhartt gift card.
• Register for a Toyota Bass Pass, which allows visitors to enjoy four different activities including the NASCAR Racing Challenge and guess the number of soft plastic baits in a sealed container. Once completed, Bass Pass holders can play the Pinball Plinko game for various prizes.
2. Wind In Your Hair: From 10 a.m. until tournament check-in time, take a test ride in a Triton or Nitro boat powered by a Mercury 250 Pro XS outboard. Test ride registration enters Expo visitors into a drawing for a $250 Bass Pro Shops/Cabela’s gift card.
Also, Triton and Nitro representatives will be on-hand and Expo visitors who purchase one of these boats within 90 days will receive a $500 Bass Pro Shops/Cabela’s gift card.
3. Tools for the Task: Check out recently introduced products used by several Bassmaster Elite anglers including Abu Garcia’s Revo Rocket SX, the Berkley Frittside crankbaits, Garmin Force trolling motor and Yamaha’s 250 VMAX.
4. Merch Up: Visit the Bassmaster booth for great deals on logo wear with sizes from newborn to adult. (This is the only place to buy your official event t-shirt.) You can also sign up for a B.A.S.S. membership.
Saturday is Military and First Responder Appreciation Day. Show your military ID to a B.A.S.S. staff person in the Bassmaster booth or in the Merchandise booth and get a free Bassmaster hat.
Sunday is B.A.S.S. Member Appreciation Day! Show your B.A.S.S. member card to a B.A.S.S. staff person in the Bassmaster booth or in the Merchandise booth and get a free Bassmaster hat!
Carhartt and and AFTCO are also offering merchandise discounts.
5. Tune Time: Saturday from 12:30-2:30, catch the cool sounds of local band Second Gear.
6. Grab a Bite: Food and beverage vendors will be onsite both days.