Title: Digital Editor
Location: Birmingham, AL
Scope of Responsibility
Bassmaster.com is looking for a digital content creator/editor who is passionate about the outdoors and fishing. This position is responsible for the new Go Outside category on Bassmaster.com. Duties include creating content, assigning content to our contributors, publishing content on Bassmaster.com, and serving as a project manager for everything taking place in this category.
Go Outside’s focus is fun fishing, which includes beginning anglers, intermediate anglers, family fishing, kayaking, camping and travel that is related to fishing. This job is located in Birmingham, Ala. and will require some travel.
The role also includes publishing content to our new “member only” section of Bassmaster.com.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to host, shoot and edit video.
- Writing, researching, and editing skills.
- A creative content thinker, coming up with great ideas.
- Ability to understand various audiences and create content that will be most appealing to them.
- Experience in WordPress and website Content Management Systems, or the ability to learn them quickly.
- Ability to turn around and post content quickly.
- Ability to serve as an advocate and leader for the Go Outside initiative.
- A passion for outdoor activities (fishing, camping, hiking).
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Photography experience
- Be a self-starter
- College degree in journalism, video or communication preferred
- Experience working in website content management systems
- Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Premiere pro
B.A.S.S., LLC manages both Bassmaster.com and Go-Outside.com. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.