Bass Pro Shops along with their affiliated brand, Cabela’s, have once again received a premier spot on Newsweek’s list of “America’s Best Retailers 2022” and is honored to be recognized as the leader of the Camping & Outdoor Gear Industry.
Following its recognition from Newsweek in 2021 as one of the “Best Trending Online Shops,” this award focuses on the overall in-store traditional retail experience. In 2020, the retailer also was recognized by Newsweek for its “Best-in-State Customer Service” in 16 of 20 states surveyed.
The recently announced awards were selected based on an independent survey commissioned by Newsweek in partnership with Statista, a global business data platform. Customers were asked whether they would recommend brands within the state they live in to friends or family. Customers also were asked to assess brands in the following areas: products, customer service, atmosphere, accessibility and shop layout. The survey garnered more than 150,000 evaluations.
“This prestigious award reflects the passion of our Outfitters and the genuinely friendly service they provide our guests while creating the unique, immersive experience we offer our communities,” said noted conservationist and Bass Pro Shops founder Johnny Morris.
Celebrating the 50th anniversary of Bass Pro Shops in 2022, Morris is a pioneer of the destination retail experience and has created an outdoor gear enterprise that is one of the most well-recognized brands in North America. More than 200 million visitors flock to Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s retail stores each year to experience giant aquariums teeming with live fish, extensive wildlife mounts and dioramas, free family-friendly events and educational outdoor-focused seminars.
Nationally recognized for excellence
The award is the latest honor in a growing list of accolades for Bass Pro Shops in recent years:
- In 2021 and 2022, Forbes named Bass Pro Shops one of America’s Best Employers.
- In 2021, Newsweek recognized Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s as the top outdoor retailer for its ranking of America’s Best Trending Online Shops.
- In 2020, Newsweek recognized Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s with America’s Best-In-State Customer Service awards.
- Bass Pro Shops ranked as the No. 3 Most Reputable Retailer in North America in 2019 by Reputation.com.
- In 2018, the National Retail Federation named Bass Pro Shops as the No. 2 Hottest Retailer in America.
- In 2017, Forbes named Bass Pro Shops as one of America’s Most Reputable Companies in recognition of the public’s trust in the organization.