BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – With the 2012 season right around the corner, registration is now open for all College B.A.S.S. anglers. Your club will need to fill out a club packet and tournament registration form and send them in together for the first event on Lake Guntersville. You can always add tournaments as you decide to fish them. The deadline for mail in registration for the first event is Friday, March 2, 2012. Registration deadlines for the remainder of the 2012 season will be announced later.
Requirements for each club/member
- Club must be an official organization on campus
- Must have a minimum of six (6) anglers
- Each member must be a full-time student
- Each member must be a member of B.A.S.S.
Each club must join the B.A.S.S. Federation Nation. Each club must have an active advisor. This advisor will submit all membership paperwork
- If an active advisor is not required by your school, then paperwork must be submitted by an official faculty member from your institution.
- Each club must complete eight (8) hours of community service.
Jerseys must have the College B.A.S.S. logo and the B.A.S.S. shield displayed in prominent locations. (chest, sleeve, etc.)
- If your jersey only bears school logos and no other logos are present, then that jersey will be permissible to wear.
B.A.S.S. is proud to offer a collegiate discount to all College B.A.S.S. members. Your bulk rate for B.A.S.S. membership and B.A.S.S. Federation Nation membership will be $30. This is a 60 percent discount off of the regular price.
With these memberships, each club falls under the B.A.S.S. Federation Nation insurance policy that protects each federated club. Each club is protected up to $1,000,000 in liability.
Each club also has to perform 8 hours of community service. These hours will be submitted to College B.A.S.S. before the National Championship.
In order to be eligible for our College B.A.S.S. National Championship, each school must meet these requirements:
- All requirements listed above
- Each member must be 25 years old or younger to be eligible for the tournaments.
- Each member is eligible for 5 years of competition in College B.A.S.S.
- Each school must compete in at least one Super Regional or Western Wildcard.
- Each school must finish in the top 50 percent in a Super Regional or the Western Wildcard.
- Each team member competing in the College B.A.S.S. National Championship must have competed in a Super Regional or the Western Wildcard.
For a school to be eligible for the National Championships, it has to fish in one of the five qualifiers this year. Each qualifying school also has to have one boat finish in the top 50 percent of a Super Regional or the Western Wildcard.
Schools are not geographically bound to one tournament, and may fish as many Super Regionals as they want.
Each Super Regional will be filmed and aired later on ESPNU. Qualifying schools may only send one team to the College B.A.S.S. National Championship. Each team member representing their school at the National Championship must also individually compete in at least one qualifying event.
For any questions pertaining to eligibility or registration, please contact Hank Weldon at firstname.lastname@example.org.