"I still don't have a clue. I don't know why I caught 'em (today). And I was looking forward to coming up here. I finished fifth here last year."
- Terry Scroggins, who rallied from 99th place with 11-7 on Day Two to finish 87th
"This is the one place in the world where you can flip smallmouth."
"I was flipping a Beaver in a bush. I'd flipped it three times, and I'd seen other guys flip it. I didn't do anything any different."
- Charlie Hartley, on the 4-14 largemouth he caught Friday.
"I'm throwing every kind of frog there is. I've got seven rods rigged with frogs."
- Fred Roumbanis
"That wind blew really hard today. It felt like I was on 'Deadliest Catch' out there. But it calmed down nicely."
- Dean Rojas, on the straight-line winds that hit after takeoff this morning
"I'm a Southern boy. I think show should be a destination, not a situation. If a man needs a snow-blower, he needs to change his zip code."
- Kenyon Hill, after complimenting the La Crosse hospitality, but wondering about wintering here.
"I'm catching 40 to 60 fish a day, mostly on a frog."
- Ish Monroe
"If I could weigh all of my fish today, I'd have over 100 pounds. I caught so many 1-pounders it was ridiculous."
- Jared Miller
"It changed a lot. It was rough. Today was a day that really tested your equipment. There were five-foot waves out there."
- Keith Combs
"You never say that. This sport will humble you so quick."
- Mark Davis, after saying yesterday that just about anybody could weigh 12 pounds here, which he did Thursday, and then weighed-in one 1-pound, 7-ounce bass Friday.
"That wind got wild. I don't think I've ever been in three feet of water and got scared."
- Jamie Horton
"This Mississippi River is a beast."
- Stephen Browning,
"This is the first time in my life that I've ever had to strap my poles down while I was fishing because I was scared they'd blow out (of the boat)."
- Pete Ponds
"That's what makes this tournament great, to see who can adjust to the conditions."
- David Walker
"I'm looking forward to tomorrow. It's going to be fun."
- Greg Vinson
"I lost the first five that bit. I was very close to spinning out. I just took a deep breath."
- Brandon Palaniuk
"I hope the mayfly hatch stays away for two more days."
- Aaron Martens, referring to the massive mayfly hatch that spoiled his Day Four last year at La Crosse
"He's got a lot of energy, and he's got a little bit of anger. But you know what? Anger is a gift."
- Mike Iaconelli, on his young son, Vegas, who "demanded" to be on the weigh-in stage with his father.