Here are the best lines overheard during the the weigh-in paring the Evan Williams Bourbon All-Star Championship down to the final two, Edwin Evers and Ott DeFoe.
“It really got me clued into what was going to happen the rest of the day.”
- Evers on his largest catch coming in six inches of water early
“I knew I had my work cut out for me today, I just couldn’t hold on.”
- Ashley, the top seed, on facing Evers
“You hang around you might catch me singing somewhere.”
- Ashley, who said he would sing if he won
“I’m just excited to be fishing tomorrow. It’s a nerve-wracking format.”
“Neither one of them. Can you all just give me the check now?
- Evers when asked who he'd rather face Sunday
“At this point, I’m trying to figure out how to get my clothes in my suitcase and leave.”
- Swindle after seeing DeFoe’s bag
“It’ s a good thing Big Show held on to his gas money. I fished every one and his places and didn’t catch anything.”
- Swindle, who defeated Terry Scroggins on Friday
“When you lose to someone like that, hat’s off. Ott brings the noise.”
- Swindle on the all-around impressive rookie DeFoe
“I am due. I’m double due. It keeps happening a lot, but man it’s expensive to keep doing it.”
- DeFoe on Elites seeming to win after having babies – he just had twins
“To think that I’m standing on this stage right here ... at the beginning of the year, I never would have dreamed it.
- DeFoe in his rookie season on the Elite Series