COLUMBIA, S.C. — The new Abu Garcia Zenon spinning reel, Abu’s lightest spinning reel ever, is the result of an asymmetric magnesium body, the removal of wasted space from conventional spinning reel design and a host of other design breakthroughs. Representing the highest quality in the super-premium spinning reel category, the new Zenon (Size 20) weighs just 4.9 ounces and is silky smooth, making it ideal for long days on the water.
Available in a Size 20 and Size 30, other premium features of the new Abu Garcia Zenon spinning reels include a dropshot keeper, friction-free main shaft support and a premium drag system that’s ultra smooth, especially for light line applications. Easy to reel and comfortable to hold all day, whether paired with a new Zenon rod or other premium Abu Garcia rod.
Abu Garcia’s new Zenon rods are the lightest and most sensitive rods the company has ever made. The Zenon line includes four casting and three spinning models, all of which feature premium carbon blanks and the company’s exclusive Powerlux 1000 resin system. This combination of components produces a powerful, ultra-light and ultra-sensitive blank without increasing weight or blank diameters. These unmatched levels of sensitivity give anglers the confidence they can detect even the subtlest strikes.
The Zenon’s reel seat delivers hypersensitivity around the exposed blank sections and improves comfort for all-day fishing. Titanium alloy guides with thin zirconia inserts and a carbon handle split-grip design help make this rod ideal for the highest levels of fishing competition, whether it’s fishing for money or pride.
ABU GARCIA ZENON SPINNING REELS
• Asymmetric magnesium body
• V-Compact rotor
• Extremely lightweight Hybrid Rocket Turbine Spool
• Spare machined-aluminum shallow spool
• Lightweight carbon fiber handle
• Friction-free main shaft support
• Drop shot keeper and spare dust cap
• Weights: Size 20 – 4.9 ounces • Size 30 – 5.4 ounces
• Available: September 2021
ABU GARCIA ZENON RODS
• Abu Garcia’s most sensitive rod
• Powerlux 1000 graphite construction
• Ergonomic, Abu-designed reel seat
• Carbon split-grip design for reduced weight and increased sensitivity
• ROCS (Robotically Optimized Casting System) guide train for maximized casting distance with lighter lures
• Titanium alloy guides with super-thin zirconia inserts allow for a lightweight, balanced rod
• Fuji hook keeper folder down to prevent line tangling and adapts to any position on the rod
• Limited 5-year warranty
Casting Models: 6-9 ML (4.0oz) • 7-0 M (4.1oz) • 7-0 MH (4.1oz) • 7-2 H (4.9oz)
Spinning Models: 6-10 ML (3.3oz) • 7-0 M (3.4oz) • 7-0 MH (3.5oz)
Available: September 2021