JUNCTION CITY, Kan. — BASS announced the cancellation of the first day of competition for the 2008 BASS Federation Nation Championship on Milford Lake in the best interest of all concerned, scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 5, because of unsafe weather conditions.The remaining two days of competition, set for Thursday, Nov. 6 and Friday, Nov. 7, remain as previously scheduled.
On Tuesday, tournament officials cancelled official practice because of high winds causing unsafe conditions. The tournament will still be contested on heaviest cumulative weight over the next two days.
The full field of 55 anglers will fish the remaining two competition days and compete for the title and top prize of more than a $64,000 Skeeter/Yamaha boat package.
The anglers will also be competing within one of six geographical divisions for a coveted Bassmaster Classic berth. The top finisher in each division will become part of the 51-angler field for the Feb. 20-22 Classic on the Red River out of Shreveport-Bossier City, La.
Anglers will launch their boats at 8 a.m. ET on Thursday and Friday from Milford State Park South Ramp, 3612 State Park Road, Milford, Kan. The daily weigh-ins will begin at 4 p.m. ET in Heritage Park in historic downtown Junction City. All events are free and open to the public.
In addition, the 2008 Junior Bassmaster World Championship and Bassmaster CastingKids National Championships will be contested as scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 8, in Junction City.
Bassmaster.com will present live, streaming video and real-time leaderboards throughout the competition beginning daily at 3:45 p.m. ET. Daily results and photo galleries will also be available at Bassmaster.com.
Sponsors of the Federation Nation include Toyota Tundra, Purolator, Skeeter, Yamaha, Triton Boats, Mercury Marine, Berkley, MotorGuide, Lowrance Electronics, Advance Auto Parts, Evan Williams Bourbon, Longhorn and Ramada Worldwide.
Local sponsors of the Federation Nation Championship include Junction City and Geary County, Kansas.
2008 BASS FEDERATION NATION CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS
1. Greg Alexander Hebron, Md.
2. Chris Barnett Harrogate, Tenn.
3. Mike Baskett Salem, Ore.
4. Ken Baumgardner Monongahela, Pa.
5. Leo Bevelaqua Wyoming , R.I.
6. Rick Billings Rochester, Minn.
7. Simone Bruccoleri Italy
8. Glen Bruce Saco, Maine
9. Larry Cahan East Palatka, Fla.
10. Victor Calvillo Mexico
11. Rick Culver Taylor, Utah
12. Robert Degraffenreid Oklahoma City, Okla.
13. Mike Desforges Burlington, Ontario, Canada
14. Matthew Desimone East Berlin, Conn.
15. Jay Evans Corvallis, Mont.
16. Brady Farrell Fort Atkinson, Wis.
17. Eric Femiak Taunton, Mass.
18. Terry Fitzpatrick Waukon, Iowa
19. Edward Fore Concord, Va.
20. Jeff Freeman Max Meadows, Va.
21. Roy Galbraith Winfield, Ala.
22. Dave Gerhardt Durango, Colo.
23. Jeff Guerrette Glendale, Ariz.
24. Jeff Hager Alexis, N.C.
25. David Halcomb Elkview, W. Va.
26. Mark Hensiek England, Ark.
27. Brian Hensley Edwardsburg, Mich.
28. Teb Jones Hattiesburg, Miss.
29. Gerry Jooste Harare, Zimbabwe
30. Jim Kelly Lincoln, Neb.
31. Matt King Olathe, Kan.
32. Jamie Laiche Gonzales, La.
33. Brian Maloney Osage Beach, Mo.
34. Joe Matt Syracuse, N.Y.
35. Kent Miller Byron, Mich.
36. Katsunori Mitsuhashi Japan
37. Dean Morris Tavares, Fla.
38. Tim Myers Las Vegas, Nev.
39. James O'Malley Elmhurst, Ill.
40. Bubba O'Neill Evanston, Wyo.
41. Shane Oltjenbruns Neligh, Neb.
42. Brandon Palaniuk Hayden, Idaho
43. Scott Parker Londonderry, N.H.
44. Waine Pittman Villa Rica, Ga.
45. Bradley Roy Lancaster, Ky.
46. Bryan Schmidt Olney, Texas
47. Jerry Sersen Joppa, Md.
48. Skip Sjobeck Randolph, Vt.
49. William Smith Moncks Corner, S.C.
50. Chris Smith Absecon, N.J.
51. Franco Vallejos Albuquerque, N.M.
52. Justy Varkevisser South Africa
53. Brad Wall Clarksville, Ohio
54. Les Whitley Kennewick, W. Va.
55. Pat Wilson Penngrove, Calif.