SHREVEPORT-BOSSIER CITY, La. — Due to recent unsafe conditions and high water on the Red River, BASS relocated the Academy Sports + Outdoors Bassmaster Women's Tour Championship, set for Oct. 16-18, to Black Bayou residential lake companion to Cypress Lake, located in Benton, La.
The event will mark the first Bassmaster event on the fishery. The WBT Championship, the culmination of the 2009 season, will feature the top 20 pro and co-anglers from the regular-season Toyota Tundra Bassmaster Women's Tour Angler of the Year standings.
Anglers will get their first crack at Cypress Black Bayou on Thursday, Oct. 15 on the official practice day. On Friday, the three-day tournament will kick off. The championship waters are limited to the Black Bayou portion only of Cypress-Black Bayou.
Tournament launches, beginning at 7 a.m. CT each day, will be moved to Black Bayou Boat Launch, Old Palmetto Road just off Airline Drive in Benton, La. Weigh-ins will be held, as previously scheduled, at the Academy Sports + Outdoors store located at 2801 Beene Blvd. in Bossier City, La., beginning at 3:30 p.m. CT Friday-Sunday.
Anglers are competing for a piece of $94,000 in prizes, including the winner's take of $5,000 and a Triton/Mercury boat package valued at $55,000. Twenty other qualifiers will compete in the co-angler division, fishing from the back of pros' boats for a $40,000 Triton/Mercury boat rig, plus $3,250, awarded to the co-angler winner. In both divisions, the second-place prize is a Skeeter/Yamaha rig.
Besides being the championship event, the Oct. 16-18 tournament is the finish line in the 2009 Toyota Tundra Bassmaster Women's Tour Angler of the Year race, in which the big plums are a berth in the 2010 Bassmaster Classic and a new Tundra. With an entry in the Feb. 19-21 Classic on Lay Lake out of Birmingham, Ala., the 2009 AOY will become only the second woman to qualify for a Classic.
All events are free and open to the public. Fans can visit Academy stores for additional information on the WBT and find out more about the organization at www.Academy.com.
Live, daily weigh-ins and real-time leaderboards will be available throughout the tournament at Bassmaster.com.
Title Sponsor: Academy Sports + Outdoors
Official Sponsors: Toyota Trucks, Berkley, BOOYAH Baits, Mercury, OPTIMA Batteries, Skeeter Boats, Yamaha Marine, Ramada, Triton Boats, LaserLure and Legend Boats.
Local sponsors for the event include Shreveport Regional Sports Authority.
Name Place Points
1. Pam Martin-Wells Bainbridge, Ga. 862
2. Juanita Robinson Highlands, Texas 841
3. Laura Gober Pendergrass, Ga. 807
4. Judy Wong Many, La. 807
5. Dianna Clark Bumpus Mills, Tenn. 800
6. Tammy Richardson Amity, Ark. 785
7. Janet Parker Little Elm, Texas 784
8. Sheri Glasgow Muskogee, Okla. 782
9. Debra Petrowski Arlington, Texas 776
10. Kim Bain-Moore Alabaster, Ala. 759
11. Melinda Mize Ben Lomond, Ark. 754
12. Meta Burrell Fort Worth, Texas 748
13. Lisa Sternard Clarksville, Tenn. 745
14. Paula Alexander Lincolnton, Ga. 739
15. Lisa Johnson Centre, Ala. 732
16. Lucy Mize Ben Lomond, Ark. 732
17. Cindy Hill Smyrna, Tenn. 732
18. Robin Babb Livingston, Texas 727
19. Emily Shaffer Mount Juliet, Tenn. 721
20. Patti Campbell Waxahachie, Texas 714
Name Place Points
1. Terri Bittner McKinleyville, Calif. 870
2. Donna Newberry Van Buren, Ark. 836
3. Martha Goodfellow Simpsonville, S.C. 823
4. Stacy Zhelesnik Hoboken, N.J. 822
5. Debbie Pegoli Loveland, Ohio 802
6. Colleen McKay Worcester, Mass. 781
7. Monica Altman Angier, N.C. 781
8. Bonnie Ward Snohomish, Wash. 768
9. Gail Wood Russellville, Ark. 761
10. Kim Martin Clayton, Ind. 757
11. Linda Owens Brandon, Miss. 756
12. Teri Cindric Hermitage, Tenn. 743
13. Barbara Gaskins Suffolk, Va. 741
14. Sherry Melton Monterey, Tenn. 727
15. Vicki Henderson Ashdown, Ark. 722
16. Charlotte Frazier Dallas, Texas 722
17. Diane Smith Fayetteville, Ga. 716
18. Bertha Cavakis Amity, Ark. 708
19. Kala Wright Spiro, Okla. 706
20. Linda Walker Beebe, Ark. 704