MONETA, Va. — On the eve of Day One of the Blue Ridge Brawl, we asked the Elite Series anglers to pick three anglers they think should excel on Smith Mountain Lake.
1) Aaron Martens I like Aaron because this is a clear water lake and he's one heckuva finesse fisherman.
2) Zell Rowland I think he's going to catch them on his Pop-R.
3) Bobby Lane He's seeing a lot of 4-pounders.
1) Dean Rojas Rojas is a sight fisherman extraordinaire.
2) Shaw Grigsby His eyes are better than most of us.
3) Chris Lane Chris is a good sight fisherman, but he has something else going on, too.
1) Shaw Grigsby He's one of the best sight fishermen around.
2) Casey Ashley He won the last one here and has a lot of local knowledge of the lake.
3) Denny Brauer There's a lot of fish staging in the brush tops in this lake.
1) Kelly Jordon The fish are 'up' and K.J. will probably catch them.
2) Alton Jones Alton's been of fire all year.
3) Shaw Grigsby If there's a sight fishing bite you just about have to pick Shaw.
1) Timmy Horton Timmy knows how to catch them on the beds.
2) Jared Lintner I think there may be a swimbait bite out there too.
3) Shaw Grigsby Sight fishing and his expertise with light tackle and a spinning rod.
1) Terry Scroggins Great sight fisherman.
2) John Murray Murray is a great deep, clear water fisherman.
3) Aaron Martens Great with a spinning rod in his hands.
1) Jared Lintner Versatile and that's what it's going to take here.
2) Pat Golden He fishes these type reservoirs a lot. He's staying with me and I think he's onto something good.
3) Bobby Lane He's my favorite pirate looter.
1) Kelly Jordon Sight fishing.
2) Dave Wolak Sight fishing.
3) Kevin VanDam Cause he can catch them anywhere.