Besides a world-class bass fishing competition, Bassmaster fans in Montgomery for the second leg of Toyota Trucks All-Star Week will be treated to many other free and fun activities.
Everything’s happening in downtown Montgomery along the Alabama River. While the pros compete Friday through Sunday on the river in the Evan Williams Bourbon All-Star Championship, fans can get into the grill, chill and skill events on shore. In the evenings after weigh-ins, the fun continues with free concerts.
Here are highlights of what will be going on, all times below are Central:
- 7:30 a.m. pro takeoff (Riverfront area beside the Betsy Ann riverboat)
- Mercury Choice of Champions Demo Tour, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Fans 18 and older can sign up for a spin to check out the power of Mercury engines.
- Mercury Film Festival
- Casting competitions for Bass Pro Shops gift cards
- 5 p.m. weigh-in under the Union Station train shed
- Toyota Casting Pond
Eukanuba Super Dock dog-jumping, fun jumps and competitions
- Evan Williams Bourbon & Big Green Egg Grilling with the Greats Cook-off. Sampling at 2 p.m., then a competition on the Bassmaster stage from 3 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Featured at 5 p.m. weigh-in: Hope for the Warriors Fishing Tournament. Six war heroes and six Bassmaster Elite Series pros, including Keith Poche and Greg Vinson, will fish in teams on a private lake near Montgomery. Results will be revealed on stage Saturday during the weigh-in.
6:30 p.m. Darryl Worley concert (like all other events, free)
- Featured during 5 p.m. weigh-in: Participants and results of the Bassmaster Legends Fishing Tournament and Auburn vs. Alabama College Classic. The All-Star champion will be declared and crowned.
- 6:30 p.m. Easton Corbin concert (like all other events, free)