MANY, La. -- The top lines spoken from the pros during the Day 2 weigh-in of the Evan Williams Bourbon Bassmaster Elite at Toledo Bend.
“I found one of those ‘bigguns’ and got sucked into fishing for it for about an hour and a half.”
– Greg Vinson
“Swindle said he’s gonna have a yard sale … I’m having a bon fire.”
– David Walker discussing the frustration of a slow day on the water.
“I’ve never been here before, but this place just fits my style."
– Randall Tharp after weighing in 24 pounds, 13 ounces on Day 2
“I found 30 or 40 fish on beds today…three to four pounders. I feel like I can catch at least 18 pounds tomorrow without a big one.”
– Tournament leader Jacob Powroznik
“It’s not surprising to get beat by these guys. I’m just surprised that the fish beat me so bad.”
– Ott Defoe
“Throw a Super Spook, fish new water and drink a lot of Mountain Dew.”
– Gerald Swindle discussing his much better day on Day 2
“This is a terrible birthday present … finishing 90th in a tournament.”
– Justin Lucas
“Nobody sent me the memo that fish were bedding on the other end of the lake.”
– Tommy Biffle
“I’m fishing a dangerous pattern to be honest about it.”
– Chad Morganthaler on his chances of weighing in another heavy bag of fish on Day 3
“Everything I found in practice was good for nothing.”
– Britt Myers