Eight names were added last week to the roster of amateur anglers itching to get at the Ouachita River.
The river out of Monroe, La., will be the site of the Nov. 3-5 B.A.S.S. Federation Nation Championship presented by Yamaha and Skeeter Boats. The event is often referred to as “the Nationals” by Federation Nation members because the year’s national champ will be crowned there.
The title of champ for its own sake is coveted among Federation Nation anglers. Yet no one forgets that the championship is a chance at a Bassmaster Classic berth. Six Federation Nation anglers will advance to the 2012 Classic on the Red River out of Shreveport-Bossier City, La.
The eight newest qualifiers for the championship were the best from their state teams in the Aug. 10-12 Northern Divisional.
- Brian Christianson of La Crosse, Wis.;
- Todd Serfoss of Bath, S.D.;
- Bryan McNeal of Enon, Ohio;
- Andrew Nitchals of Willmar, Minn.;
- Thomas Kiefer of Fowlerville, Mich.;
- Matt McCoy of Indianapolis, Ind.;
- Greg Heindselman of Lewistown, Mo. (who competed on the Illinois team, and who was the overall winner of the Northern Divisional);
- and Jesse Reynolds of Muscatine, Iowa.