I’m going to take you inside Cliff Pace’s head at the top of every hour from now until it’s time for him to check in. This is just pure guessing/editorializing, in case that isn’t clear, we don’t have the technology to actually get inside his head … yet. At this point, I really thought he’d be celebrating in his head, but this is getting serious.
This is not happening. It doesn’t make any sense. Am I doing something different? Same baits, same areas, no fish?
Stop. There’s plenty of negative to stew on, but what’s positive?
- I’ve have two incredible days on this lake, both of which were fueled by a late charge.
- I have two pretty decent bass in the livewell.
- I have a full hour and a half of fishing on a lake where things tend to happen in flurries.
- I’m a really good angler.
- Lastly, and most importantly, I’m still one good bass – one cast – or three dinks away from being the Bassmaster Classic champion.
Stop worrying about what may or may not happen. You don’t have to win this thing with style, just win it. In a week, nobody’s going to remember the last six hours, they're going to remember this: Cliff Pace, Bassmaster Classic champion.